Do You Need New Window Frames?
If your windows are looking old and tired, you should seriously consider investing in uPVC window frames. You may be surprised at just how much new window frames can change the look of your home, and uPVC windows are an excellent investment for a variety of reasons.
What Are the Benefits?
uPVC is a synthetic material with a very stable chemical structure. It’s ideal for a wide range of building and construction applications. So, what are the benefits of having it installed as window frames and why should you buy uPVC windows in Melbourne? Consider the following reasons:
- Durability: Perhaps the chief reason for investing in uPVC windows is because the material is incredibly durable. It has actually been used for at least a century in various building applications, and given the right conditions, will last for many decades. Unlike wood and aluminium, this means uPVC is an excellent cost-effective home upgrade.
- Doesn’t rust, rot, or corrode: Many window frames are vulnerable to becoming rusted and corroded. For example, homes on the coast are severely affected by the salt in the air. When you use uPVC, however, you don’t need to be concerned about this. It won’t rust, corrode, or rot, unlike wood and aluminium.
- Maintenance: Furthermore, uPVC frames don’t even need painting or sealing to be protected against the elements. The material is chemically inert and is low maintenance. This also means that you won’t need to repaint it every few years just to keep it looking fresh and new.
- Thermal advantages: Metal window frames are a problem because they conduct heat. This means that they can allow hot air inside the building during the summer. By contrast, uPVC materials are not good conductors of heat. This thermal stability makes it an ideal insulating material, meaning that you will save money on electrical bills and your home will have a more consistent temperature. When double glazing is added as well, this makes the window truly energy efficient
- It can be recycled: Of course, we’re all very eco-conscious now, and for very good reasons. Ideally, we don’t want to be using materials that are disposable and cannot be easily recycled. Fortunately, uPVC can be recycled into other products quite easily, making it an eco-friendly building solution. In fact, uPVC materials can be recycled successfully up to ten times, making this an incredibly efficient material in numerous ways.
The Better Choice for Your Home
If your windows are looking old, worn, and tired, uPVC window frames make for a great investment. The material is strong, durable, tough, eco-friendly, thermally stable, and will not rust, rot, or corrode. In terms of value for money, uPVC really cannot be beaten. Whether you want to invest in uPVC window frames or doors, they are available at good prices.